Wednesday, May 28, 2008

{Memorial Day}

Well we made it through our second Memorial Day, and I am so grateful to say that this year was a little easier. I have been so worried all winter Nic's headstone wouldn't be set in time. It seemed like the farther we got into spring the more snow we were getting. Thankfully it was set about two weeks before the holiday. It turned out beautiful and I think that he would be really happy with it. The saying on the back of it was from his most spiritual experience on his mission. He had written it down and closed with this statement.







Neil and i took the kids up on Saturday. He is such a great guy and always helps me take the kids up to see their dad.



The kids picked out this hanging basket because it had blue for Mason and pink for Avery.



My mom and dad also went with us.



We went again on Sunday, and there were a few more flowers.

Also I was going through some of Nic and I's stuff the other day and found an old memory card that had pictures I had never seen (since the day I took them) on it. There was some really cute ones. I decided for memorial day I would post them so that everyone could remember what Nic's smiling face was like :).


This picture made us all laugh so hard. My Grandma and Grandpa Daniels were on a mission in Nauvoo this Christmas, and they had knitted us all these hats and scarves. They were amazing, and as you can tell Nic loved his. (Maybe a little to much)



This is our very first snowman.



I just loved this pic of him with Mason. It is a classic Nic picture. Do you like Mason's pants? Nic pulled them clear up to his chin.

Well I hope you enjoyed my Nic memorial post. We all miss, and love him very much. I have to say though how grateful I am for Neil. I know that this was Nic and I's plan, and I am so grateful that there was also a plan to take care of the kids and I until we can all be reunited. I am so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge it gives us. Thank you so much to all of you that thought about and remembered Nic on Memorial Day.

14 comments:

lynsey said...

cort,

it is so hard to picture you without nic because that is how i knew you. it is still difficult to wrap my brain around. it sounds like neil is an amazing guy & i am so glad you have found someone who can make you & the kids happy. i love you & am thinking about you.

love, lynsey

The Taylor's said...

I am continually amazed at your strength. I can't even imagine, but it just goes to show you that attitude is everything in life- you've been a great example of that. I know that you have a wonderful life with your kids and Neil & that you all love Nic.

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Nic's headstone looks great. I'm sure he would have loved it. I thoroughly enjoy the picture of Nic in Grandma's hat and scart. That's a really funny memory. Love you!

Kim said...

Nort,
The headstone is amazing. I have not as yet seen it. I agree, I am sure Nic would have loved it. I also pretty much peed my pants with the picture of Nic's scarf and hat....classic. We were definitely thinking of you over Memorial Day. Know that I love you and care about you and the kids very much.
Kimbo

Megan and Shawn said...

The headstone is great, especially the back with his testimony of God's plan! You are amazing, and Neil is great guy! I think about you alot and can't imagine how you do it. Hope you guys are doing good! I also have to say, I can't believe how much you look like your mom!! You are hot ladies!

T said...

So very sweet! I love Nics headstone and I also love the pic of him and Mason.
I miss you and I will be home soon.

The Marsden 6 said...

You are amazing Cortney! You have been through so much and you always have such a great attitude and positive outlook on life. I am so glad you and Neil found each other and that he is so supportive and helpful with you remembering Nic in your lives. We drove past the cemetary multiple times last weekend and every time we did I thought of you and Nic as I often do!

Bree said...

Sweet post Cort-you are SO amazing!Nic's headstone looks really nice. Those were fun pics to see since I didn't get the chance to meet Nic. Thanks for your testimony-we are so blessed to have our gospel knowledge and to know of our Heavenly Father's wonderful plan for us...even if there are a few unexpected twists along the way. We are so grateful for the friendship we share with you and Neil!!!

The Walker Family said...

Cort, I love the headstone it is beautiful. You have done an amazing job the past couple of years. Neil and the kids are so lucky to be around you every single day of their lives. I miss you and love you a ton:-)

Jen said...

Cortney,
Thanks for the post. The headstone looks wonderful. You did a great job on it. It brought tears to my eyes. I admire you so much. You are so amazing. I hope someday I can be as strong as you are! Holler at me if you ever need anything. We think about you guys a lot!

Reynolds said...

Well Cort ya got me on the walk down memory lane-had me crying when I was done. Your strength is so amazing to me. Keep up the good work. You're great! And you do need to come get those pic's and see me ofcourse.

JC Photography said...

Love your guts girl!

Kate Perkes said...

Cort,
You are an amazing women, I loved your tribute to Nic. What a sweet way to remember him. Hopefully there will still be some sun left over in September for us to play. I have been thinkin of you tonz, give me a shout out if ya need anything.

Love
Kate

Desiree said...

Hey Cort,

The memorial you did for Nic is really neat. I loved that knitted hat and scarf picture, too!!! We always had a lot of good laughs every time we got together. I don't think I'll ever forget the Balderdash game!!