Monday, July 14, 2008

{24}

I turned 24 on the 9Th. It was a really fun day. My mom, Carl, and Melanie took me to lunch. Then we went to Mason's first soccer game (that post will come later), and after Neil took me to dinner. Then on Sunday we had ice cream cake at my grandma and grandpa Daniels, and followed up with a camp out at grandma Suey's. (it was just a hot dog roast, but my kids thought we were camping.) All in all it was a fun birthday. My cute friend Alyssa even put a special post on her blog for me. It was the best gift. All of my other friends and family also did such sweet things, and made it a very fun day. THANK YOU !



Carl, Me, Melanie, and Suey at Applebees


Mom and Dad


Grandma and Grandpa Daniels


Neil and Avy


Me and Dad
Suey and the kids camping (my dad asked Mason if he had a fire when we camped at our family reunion, and Mason responded "No my mom didn't buy one.")


A marshmallow mess

Me mid air picking up a chip

Avy

Neil and I

The gang

Mason (another funny Mason story. A couple of days after my bday I was pulling the kids behind the bike, and Mason asked what he should get me for my birthday. I told him that I just wanted him to be a good boy. He thought about it for a minute and said that he thought he should get me something. Then responded with "Do you need a new toothbrush." I told him that would be great he could get me a toothbrush. After another minute he said, "You will have to buy it and then I will wrap it in paper, and put a bow on it.")

13 comments:

Jess said...

So cute! Happy late b-day! I enjoy looking at your blog! We should get together sometime! Your kids are adorable!

T said...

your kids are so cute!!! and I love your hair!!! oh and I love your scarf!!! Oh wait and I love you!!!

melanie said...

oh i love the sandbar! we'll have to go together when we get back! also...that video of the splash park was hilarious. i loved mason's little dance thing.hehehehe

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Mason says the funniest things. I laughed out loud about the toothbrush. How sweet is that? I'm really glad you had a good birthday weekend! By the way... cute outfit:)

Bree said...

I'm sad we missed out last night! Looks like you had a great time! And that cake looks yummy! The pic of you going for the chip kills me!!! hahaha. Have you watched anymore Office? James made us stay up and watch two more after you guys left! Hilarious! When should we go to the drive-in??

Kim said...

Oh man. Mason's comments kill me! Funny! At least he is thinking of you...that is sweet. Happy Late birthday, I was thinking about you...And happy having a baby to share it with now, eh? :)

Victoria said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't know we were both Cancer babies. Kids say the funniest things. Deacon repeats everything jody says and sometimes it isn't verry appropriate, especially when he's watching a Mets game.

District 6 Festival Committee said...

Happy Birthday Cortney! Hope it was fun and I really hope Neil got you something good. :) We used to roast hotdogs etc. a couple times a week but they built a road on our fire pit and I haven't decided where to put a new pit. (Well actually we haven't agreed were to put it.)

Jen said...

Sounds like so much fun! Mason's story about the toothbrush cracked me up. He is so funny! So did you end up getting a brand new toothbrush???

Candice said...

Happy belated birthday! sorry i didn't know..looks like you had a great day! YEAH

Sabra said...

Happy late birthday! Sounds like you had a good one. All of the pictures are so cute. YOu look so happy. I love seeing how you are doing!

The Walker Family said...

Cort, I am so happy you had such a fun birthday. You deserve it. :)

crapo family said...

hey nerd.. i had to just tell you that i really like your hair like that ( kinda curly ) okay see u at soccer.....