Sunday, September 21, 2008

{HAPPY BIRTHDAY}


Today would have been Nic's 28th birthday. I can't believe he would be that old. I used to tease him at 26 that he was on the downhill to thirty:) (not that it really is old.) It was a really nice day. His family came over after church to spend the day with us, and we had his favorite foods for dinner. (homemade chicken noodle soup with mashed potatoes) We then went and walked around the temple. It was so nice. Of course my camera died just as some nice boy was going to take our picture. Oh Well. Mason is so funny he was having the hardest time processing how Heavenly Father has two houses both the temple and the church. I guess we will wait a while to tell him that there are lots of temples and lots of churches not jut 2. That would really set his mind whirling. Anyway, it was a very nice day, and I am so grateful for the Steinmanns. We love them very much.

17 comments:

Ashley Leonardson said...

Sounds like a really nice time! I am so glad that we got to scrapbook together so fun!! Hope we get to again soon!!

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

What a cute picture. Made me miss Nic a bit. I know.... we haven't talked in days! I will call you after school today for sure. I love you!

Sabra said...

That is so neat that you are so close to your many families. That is such a cute picture! So typical of Nick.

Jen said...

Sounds like you had a good time with the Steinmans celebrating in memory of Nic. I do have to say that he picked some good foods to be his favorites...homemade chicken noodle soup and mashed potatoes. YUM! Hope everything is going well for you. See you this weekend! Love ya lots!

T said...

happy birthday NIc! WE MISS YOU!
-What a cute picture, sounds like you had a wonderful day.

Bree said...

Glad you had a special day! You'll have to share your homemade chicken noodle soup recipe!!! And when's this bow-making finally going down?? You didn't do it without me did you?? :)

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

P.S. Why in the world is Nic's fingernail painted black? Or did he slam it in something.... oh my....

MY FAMILY said...

Hey, That sounds like you guys had a good time. Thank you for doing that with mom snd dad! I know that it means so much to them. I wish I could have been there! I was thinking anbout you and NIC, so my heart was with you all. Love you

Kim said...

Happy Birthday to the old man. Love the pic...classic. Also, I am hoping you did not eat the mashed potatoes IN the soup. Or maybe you did, and thats fine too...

Unknown said...

Sounds like a really nice day. Miss that guy. Hope all is well.

Broc and Sam McArthur said...

I love that pic of you and Nic. I'm glad that you are still really close to his family.

I was really sick so I went to the ER and they ran a bunch of tests and found out that I had a really bad kidney infection. So I had to get IV antibiotics. I was only in there one day but it seemed like forever! I am finally starting to feel better though. Thanks.

Megan and Shawn said...

What a fun way to celebrate with all of his favorite things. I also have to say I love the new use for the caddy - Colby is so clever!!

Jen said...

It sounds like a great day. Too bad your camera broke :(

Reynolds said...

We miss you Nic! And don't worry I tell Brett that he is getting really old all the time! That's just our job!

Unknown said...

Hey, I hope you get this. We are coming to Rexburg the 17th and would love to see you. Let me know!

The Walker Family said...

What a wonderful celebration. I am so happy that you are so close to Nic's family. You're awesome. Thanks for being such a great friend and checking in on me these last few weeks. Love ya.

britt said...

I miss you Nick, I think about you often. I'm that we have a close and strong family! Cort and Neil, Congrats on the baby, mom told me a long time ago but I'm just getting into this blogging stuff. The kiddos are super cute! Hair bow party, what?