Thursday, November 13, 2008

{A little update}

I have been terrible at blogging lately. This is mostly because I have been spending everyday at the house trying to get it ready for the big move. Here is what we have done so far. The dining room and kitchen are now brown, the living room is blue, my room is a horrendous color of green and brown (which is getting repainted today), and Avery's room is pink striped. We have replaced the chandelier in the dining room, all of the cupboard hardware, and the doorknobs. Carpet was supposed to be lay ed today until my little brother-in-law texted a picture of snow to my carpet layer, and he was out of there to go snowmachinig with him. (don't worry I will make Robbie pay for it when it comes time to build furniture, he is my new little handyman) Neil is ripping out all of the old paneling in the upstairs and installing bead board, and I am painting all of the upstairs cupboards. It has been a lot of work! It is starting to look really good though, and is feeling more like our house instead of my mom's. Thank you so much to all of you that have helped me paint. I will post pictures as soon as we are in. Hopefully next weekend!

12 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow, Cort you've been busy. Avery is too cute. Brad did that for Audrey once and everytime since, I all here is how Daddy did it better. Call if you need help.

Sabra said...

It is about time for an update!!!! :) Sounds like you have been busy! And it sounds like things are going to look really good. Can't wait to see.

It was so fun seeing you on Halloween. I LOVED your costume. You need to post some pictures of that.

Have you decided if you are going to find out what you are having?

Bree said...

Amen to the last comment...it's about time for an update you slacker!! :) Jk. I'm so excited to see your house! And just as excited to hopefully finally hang out tomorrow night! It's been a long time...That's what she said!!!!

Sheena said...

HEY COURTNEY!!!!
GLAD TO FIND YOUR BLOG!!! HOPE ALL IS WELL CALL ME IF YOU ARE EVERY DOWN THIS WAY!!! MY BLOG IS WWW.CHRISANDSHEENA.BLOGSPOT.COM!!! LOVE YOU!!!

britt said...

Hi, it's brittney! I think Happy B day is in order today!!! Congrats on the baby to you and neil, hope you are feeling great. I'm so glad I found your blog (from Annie's)Your kids are super cute! How exciting to be customizing your house. Ours is still on paper, someday hopefully soon - we're running out of room.

Unknown said...

Holy COW! You have been busy!! I hope you will let me know if you need any help!!! I can't wait to see the house.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new house that is very exciting. YOur poor kids though you already know all the good ways to sneak out of the house and the most sound proof rooms for make out sessions, just kidding. I am way excited for you.

Jen said...

Amazing! It sounds like you've been VERY busy lately. I hope you're not working too hard, though. Take care of yourself, too! I'm excited to see what your place looks like when you're done.

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Totally missed the tags post. Love the title... I have decided that I am not going to talk to you anymore until you post pics of the house. So there!

McArthurs said...

Holy cow Cort, you guys are already about to move in? I guess it goes fast when your a million miles away. That's way cool, we're excited for you guys.

District 6 Festival Committee said...

It is looking so cute too... good job! Just don't over-do-it pregnant girl :) Let us help you. But the stripes are totally worth it they are so cute!

Ormeeheads said...

Sounds like a ton of work! Can't wait to see the pics.