Wednesday, June 10, 2009

{the blessing day}

We blessed Max on Sunday, and it was such a nice day. Neil did an awesome job, and was joined by all of the grandpa's in the circle (the little tyke has seven grandpa's). We then had a big dinner at our house with about 80 people. Thankfully the rain let up long enough for us to eat outside. My camera died after a few pics, but here are the few that I got.













Thanks everyone for coming and supporting our little family. We love and appreciate you all.

Later that day we drove up to Mesa Falls with Neil's parents and sisters. It was really fun. I hadn't ever taken my kids there. Of course they loved it, and I was praying that one of them wouldn't fall in.


Now for shocking news! Most of you know that I am not an animal person. I just haven't ever really liked them. Now meet our new family member. Our nameless dog. (Mason wants to name her Lisa, Avery wants to name her Jo Jo, and Neil wants to name her Nacho Libre. I just call her puppy) Anyway, she had been running wild around my grandma's for weeks, and so after calling around and no one claiming her she has become our new dog. The kids are loving her, and I am trying to get used to having an inside dog. Something I never thought I would do. I guess sometimes you just have to break down and do a few things for your kids.





20 comments:

Carlie said...

Hey! So good to see pics of the event! I missed you... seems like I have not talked to you forever. You looked absolutely beautiful on the blessing day and as for the dog, give me a few days to adjust to the news.

Carlie said...

Ya, the comment above is me (Che')... don't know why it's under Carl.

Summer said...

Ha Ha! Love the dog! I never thought I'd own a bunny, but ya do it for the kids! I need to meet that little Max before he gets any bigger. Sounds like the blessing day was wonderful.

Beth Willmore said...

Wow - I'm impressed about the inside dog thing too! I think you should definitely go with Nacho Libre just because it's the funniest! I'm glad that the blessing went well, and Max is so stinkin' cute! I'm grateful that my family isn't that big - I do not have a personality that could allow 80 people over to my house for lunch. I would develop a twitch! You're a good woman Court, we need to go to lunch again soon!

Kim said...

Mason wants to name the dog lisa?! Is that like naming the pig wanda?!? HA HA HA!

Greg n Sara said...

Congrats on your new member of your family he looks adorable. You look very beautiful yourself. I love the name max.

kim said...

yeah, you look so stinkin great. Your family is adorable. I will be around a bit in July and I would love to see you. Love you!

Chantell said...

Nort! Congrats on the baby blessing! Little Max looks so cute! That's so funny about the dog too. Lets go play when the weather stops being so stinky!

Smith Family said...

Hey Cortney! I've been a terrible friend. I haven't talked to you in ages, but I love being able to catch up with your blog. Sounds like the blessing day was great! Max is adorable and Averie and Mason are getting so big. Miss you!!

britt said...

I'm with ya on the animal thing, we have a big 'ol family dog but he's pretty much an outside dog. I'm happy for your cute little family. It was good to see you and the kids, you look amazing...why can't we all look like that after a baby, not to mention 3. How did mowing in the speedo go for Neil :) We tease him and he doesn't even know about it.

Bree said...

Cort!! I'm in shock that you posted about the blessing in less than 2 wks! hahahaha! I'm so glad we could be there on Max's special day, it really was great!! And I CANNOT believe you are starting to like the dog...blaaah! I think you should name it Dwight! hahaha!! You better keep posting, I miss you!!!

Sabra said...

WOW, 80 some people! 7 grandpa's! How fun!!

Good luck with a name for the dog!!

The pictures are so cute.

ps. and I love how you decorated Max's room.

Jen said...

You are a proud owner of a dog. I can't believe it!! Max's day was very nice. Neil did a wonderful job and the food was fantastic. What more could you want?

Amber said...

i'm glad the blessing day went good! He's such a cute little guy. And i want a dog so bad so i am so jealous! Broc won't let me until we move to the country:(

Sabra said...

Neil,
You rock man hope things are going good!! Glad you did an awesome job on the blessing. I alway's worry about it for myself doin it that is. Your famiy rules looks like a lot of good times as a family how awesome.
Love
Travis & Sabra oh and Hunter and Madison
See ya!!

Amber said...

i'm ready for Boise when you are! i want to save some money so i can play so we should go the end of July or something....or the middle. I am going out of town the 11th is all. anywho let me know what you want to do. we could go the 18th or else later like the last weekend in July.

Kate Perkes said...

Too cute! You are so brave to take on a baby and a dog!! Good luck with that, let me know how you do it. My kids are BEGGING me for another try with a dog. AH... Your family is so cute by the way. Love the pics

Jen said...

it was great to see you guys at Larry and Deanna's 50th. Max is so adorable! We're glad John has cousins his age.

T said...

Hi I love these pictures, I am still waiting... for a new post I want to see pictures of little Max

Bree said...

FOR THE LOVE OF BREE---PLEEEEEASE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)