
A little over a month ago one of my best freinds (and cousin) lost her sweet husband Chris. Chris had been battling a brain tumor for about a year and a half. Jennifer and Chris were the most amazing couple, and two of the strongest people I know. As Chris fought the cancer his health declined. By the end of his life he couldn't walk or talk, and his sweet wife cared for him tirelessly. Most of the time pregnant with thier little baby Sadie who is now three months old. As Chris's health declined the two of them became stronger. They were such examples to all of us that were around them. We never heard either of them complain. When Chris was asked how his day was he would respond with either "it was a good day, or it was a better day." Never a bad day. Even when he lost his speech he retained the ability to say two important things I love you, and thank you. I am so grateful for the relationship that I was able to have with Chris. He taught me so much even though he could say nothing.
On July 10th we are going to walk in the relay for life to raise money for cancer research. If you would like to donate to Team York in honor of Chris go to relayforlife.org/idahofallsid Even five or ten dollars adds up fast. Or for you creative people (ie my sister in laws) we will be having a booth set up that we can sell crafty things if anyone wants to donate to that.
now read on for a much overdue post

4 comments:
I'll be sure to do that. So amazing. They look so familiar... Heavenly Father needs those strong ones, you should know. I love you and will keep her in my prayers
I love that you're participating in this!! Good luck, it'll be so awesome!
Cort, I don't have your # with me. Call me I am in SLC until next Tuesday. Scarlet has been in Primary Childrens but, is doing much better. 713-870-3927
Lisa told me about this at work. You're family has been through sooo much and you all are amazing. Thats neat that you are all doing this. Very touching.
Post a Comment