I went to girls camp for my home stake last night and it was so fun. I just wanted to write a little about it. It was Bishop's night so my mom and Melanie (the stake leaders) put together an amazing program. They acted as if the camp was the temple, and each girl had a name. The girls didn't know it but there was some of us there that were representing spirits that had already passed on, and we were waiting for our work to be done. We all told our stories. Some of the girls had our names, and some of the spirits names hadn't come up yet. There was one little family that one of the children's names had been lost, and all of the
family's work was done except the
child's. It was so touching the whole audience was in tears. It is so amazing to think about all of these families that are waiting to be together, and can't until we do the work. It is a huge responsibility. I felt the spirit so strong while we were performing. I
especially got choked up during my part, because the lady I was representing had never heard of the gospel on the earth, and later when her family joined the LDS church she wanted to know what it was about and sought out the missionaries in the spirit world. It really touched my heart because my sweet
Nic is one of those missionaries. I pray that he is successful in teaching those that have gone on so they can enjoy the blessing we have. I am sure he has already converted hundreds in this year and a half (or whatever
their time is) because of his amazing personality. It was such a neat experience and I am so grateful I was able to be a part of it.
We then went to testimony meeting with my home ward. It was so fun to hear the youth's testimonies. They are all so strong. Then of course we followed up with a little
karaoke. Mom was the lead singer and Melanie, Blythe, Me, and Mandi were the back up. We sang grease lightning and Melanie kept getting mad at us because we weren't doing the movements right. It was a fun night, and I am so glad I always get suckered into helping because it is so rewarding in the end.
4 comments:
Love your layout! Super Cute! What a great idea for Girls Camp! My sister in law is the Stake Camp leader and I am going to tell her about that!
What a great idea! I love the YW - the youth today are amazing!
I'm glad it was such an awesome experience for you!!
Cortney - are you making an announcement. Baby Parkinson... ;)
Post a Comment