After sacrament we walked the kids over to the cemetery to see Nic. Every year they write him a letter, color him a picture, tie it to balloons, and we send them to heaven for Father's Day.
Then we watch them float up up and away until they reach Daddy Nic. (unfortunately this bunch got stuck in the trees and we had to let them off again.)
We then went to Neil's parent's for a barbecue and played with all of the cousins. It was a fun day, and it was so good to spend time with everyone.
Mason also had a few firsts he rode a horse for the first time. This is Gus Neil's horse and Mason wanted to ride him so uncle Curtis put him on. Also, later in the day I realized we hadn't seen Mason for a while so I went on the search and found him out front riding a bike WITH NO TRAINING WHEELS! He had decided he was sick of them so he found a bike at grandma's without them, and taught himself to ride it. We were amazed. It amazes me how much he is like his dad. When Nic was little he would go jump dirt piles on his trike and ended up with a broken arm, and Neil was the same way. I'm afraid I will always have to be on the edge of my seat with this kid.
We ended up the day by visiting Grandpa Mike. The kids ended up staying the night there, and Neil and I headed to St.A to visit Judd the dud. :)
Since I know that all of our dad's secretly look at the blog. I just want them to all know how much we love them. I am so grateful for how loving and supportive you have all been these last few years through our losses, changes, and additions to our family. I love you so much and appreciate all of the love and effort you show my kids and us.
To my own dad. I couldn't have asked for a better one. I am so grateful to you for helping me hold my family together. Thank you for always being there for advice and to listen to me. I just wouldn't have survived without you. Even though you are Judd the dud I love you so much.
For my two amazing Father-In-Law's (Mike and Max) I always hoped that I would find one great husband and father, but I have found two. Thank you so much for raising them and teaching them. The kids and I are so blessed to have them both in our lives. The kids have two amazing men to look up to thanks to you. Also, thank you for being so accepting of our new family. Neil and I could not ask for anything more perfect with our situation. We are so grateful to both of you, and hope you know how much we LOVE you!



14 comments:
cort, that was so cute! what a great idea with the balloons & keeping nic alive for those kids. i hope neil had a fantastic first father's day.
Oh gees, that was probably the cutest blog entry ever. I cried... I laughed. Amazing publication~ Bravo! No seriously, I'm so glad the kids can go visit Nic and that you are keeping him in their lives. Also, I must have watched that video of little Mase fourteen times. I'm so proud of him! I can't believe how big he is getting .Please give them hugs from Aunt Che'!
Well, a I was logging on to make a father's day post I stopped to visit you. Now that I am crying I will have to post later. But thanks for the morning cry.
Very Sweet Post!
Your kids are so lucky to have Neil. What a great guy.
we are coming home July 11 and leaving August 3. Sounds like you guys had a fun Fathers Day. We like to check up on ya and see how everyone is doing.
Cortney- What a cute family you have! You look so happy! I cried reading your blog too! YOu are such an awesome girl! I hope you don't mind if I check in on you a little! :)
Did you know that Neil is related to me...maybe 4th cousins or so!
Way to make everyone cry!!! Sheesh Cort! Glad you guys had a great Father's Day. We need to do lunch -soon!
that's such a good tradition to do on father's day! having traditions to look forward to gets us through those hard days. that's great!
I can't believe mason taught himself how to ride a bike.. he is so fearless!! Looks like you had a great day, I love the balloon idea I think it is so sweet.
I am SO mad my comment didn't show up! And the same thing just happened on my sis's blog too. Weird! Well, I think your layout changes everytime I visit! haha! Cute Father's Day pics. I love that you had the kids send a note up to Nic. That's so sweet and it will be such a special tradition and memory for them forever! Yesterday was so fun and I'm excited for another biking adventure today. Thanks again for letting me hang out while I was locked out. You totally stole my hilarious Rick Skit comment, but it's always funny so I'll put it again....you know what they say about jumping fences. It's 1% strength and 99% CHARIIIISMA!! hahaha. See ya later!
What a great idea to tie the notes to a balloon. You're a thinker! Also I think you should reconsider and call your dad Judd the stud intsead of dud! He's such a funny guy.
What a fabulous Special Father's Day. Love you, joelle
Cortney- I love the balloon idea, you are such a good mom!
I love looking at your blog, you are so amazing with all of your great ideas. the balloon idea is awesome!
Post a Comment