Wednesday, June 25, 2008

{Fun in the Sun}

The kids and I have has so much fun this last week. It has finally gotten warm enough here to go outside. (We have decided that the Idaho weather is bipolar.) Everyday we have headed out on our bike to various destinations. We usually end up at either Porter Park or the nature park, and the kids love it. Saturday we even took our bike up to Ashton. We started out from Chris's house and stopped at every grandma's house for a little visit. I was pretty tired by the time we got to Mike and Kim's and had to call Neil to pick us up. :) While we were at Grandma Parkinson's Avery was bitten by a mosquito. We found out that she is allergic. By the next day her eye was swollen. She thought it was funny, and would laugh every time she looked in the mirror. So we weren't to concerned. Here are a few photos of our weekly travels.



The kids playing spiderman at Porter Park.

Avery's poor eye



Reading books with Grandma Kim. She had the kids stay the night on Sunday, and they had a lot of fun.



Jumping on the tramp at Grandma Kim's.


Riding the carousel at Porter park.

I'm afraid Mason has hit a little bit of an annoying stage. He won't take a normal picture anymore. :)

12 comments:

T said...

oh my gosh! Poor Avery. I am still very jealous of your bike, but I am glad you are having fun>

melanie said...

i'm glad it finally got warm too. we are in atlanta now. i'll call and keep in touch with you though. we'll just be about 3 weeks or so. enjoy your bike!!

The Walker Family said...

Yay, it's warm where you are...that's wonderful considering we will be there soon and we don't do cold weather. :) Miss you!!

Jen said...

Wow, they both are getting so grown-up. That's cute that Avery could laugh at herself with a swollen eye. I hope that never changes :)

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Cute pictures! I miss them so much. Every time I see a picture of Avery I am shocked at how big she has gotten. By the way... is it just me or is Mason torturing a little cat in the trampoline pic? Typical...

Reynolds said...

Maybe it's just the age because Brooke is doing the same thing! It would just be nice to be able to get 1 nice picture every once-in-a-while!!!

District 6 Festival Committee said...

Poor Baby! It looks like it hurts. At least she was a good sport about it. I bet the kids love to stay at Grandma Kim's- what fun memories you make at Grandma's. As for Mason and the pictures... well, Braydon is 10 and Ryker is 8 and they still do that. So, now the deal is 1 silly picture and 1 nice picture for Mom- hopefully without ears on anybody but sometimes I miss that too. KIDS! ;>O lol

Megan and Shawn said...

I'm glad Avery thought it was funny, I think Sam would be pretty distraught about being bit by a bug. I'm also soooo glad for all you Idahoans that the weather is finally nice!

Jen said...

Cute pictures! I missed your call today but will try and get in touch with you soon! Hope everything is going well!

Bree said...

Those pics of Avery made me sad! But like you said, I guess it's okay since she thought it was so funny!! I have missed you! I feel like we haven't hung out forever! And I'm missing my bike! I haven't been on a ride since Monday!!! Maybe this afternoon after Avri's nap!! I'll call!! Oh, and Mason's faces crack me up!! What a little poser!

lynsey said...

poor little avery! she is a trooper, i think it's so funny that she kept laughing at herself. she looks so much like you cort! except for the swollen eye part....

Ashley Leonardson said...

I am so glad that I came accross your page. Your page is super awesome!! I am still trying to get this blogging all figured out. Your kids are so cute! Looks like they can't get enough of the outdoors!!