The reunion was over by Boise, and the first night Gladys tricked me into coming over and getting introduced (or more like spotlighted) in front of the whole family. It was a little embarrassing but at least everyone knew my name after that. It was also a little funny because afterwards one of Neil's cousins came up to me and told me she already knew a lot about me because she is friends with one of my old babysitters brothers. (Becca Wright) (Che and the strobels I am sure you are really getting nervous right now hoping that she didn't know about us putting underwear on our heads and chasing her around with a baseball bat.Because, if she did know about this my reputation would already be ruined. I was very relieved to find out Becca had kept this unfortunate event a secret. Poor Becca we love her so much but man we were bratty kids. :)
Anyway, we had so much fun. The first night we mingled and shared cookies. Which the kids loved. Then the second day there were all kinds of crafts and games. The kids made necklaces out of fruit loops (which we enjoyed eating), we had family races (which the Parkinson's won by cheating), and there was a huge homemade slip and slide down a fairly big hill. It was a huge hit. My kids were a little intimated at first so they would walk up the hill holding hands and didn't let go until they reached the bottom. After a little while they started getting a little more brave. Then Camille (Neil's sister) and I had this great idea to just go down in our clothes. Neither one of stopping to think that we were wearing light shirts. It looked like a white t-shirt contest. WHOOPS! We ended the day with a huge barbecue.
The next day we packed up had a family meeting and headed home. Before we left town we stopped to see Neil's Grandma and Grandpa Koyle. His Grandpa had been admitted into the hospital a few days before. It was so good to see them. We had so much fun with the Koyle family. I am so glad to be a part of it now and enjoyed getting to know everyone. I can't wait to go every summer. Thank you for all of the hard work that went into it. (and thank you Lori for letting us camp in your nice trailer, it was sure nice to have a hot shower)

7 comments:
Sounds like you had a blast. After reading about this I tipped my head back, closed my eyes and tried to imagine a successful family reunion in our family. As you can imagine... it did not go well. I really should come up with something original, but seriously you have GORGEOUS kids. I love them so much. I miss you guys! Hug yourself, and the children... and fine, Neil too. :)
That sounds like lots of fun...especially the part about being able to take a hot shower while camping. What luxury! I'm glad that Becca Wright kept the not so nice experiences to herself when talking about you (and us), because looking back....I'm surprised she didn't just up and quit babysitting right then and there! We probably deserved it!!
K, so I had to go look at your blog since you said you have one:)
You are such an amazing girl..I think it's great that you have made the best out of such a difficult situation. You have a darling family!
Missy
I bet you guys had tons of fun. I wish I had the nerve to do everything by myself but sometimes I just have to take a minute to catch my breath. And it just isn't the same without Kent. ANYWAY- it sounds like you were welcomed to the family. Can you name them all? LOL ... me neither.
This looks like so much fun!! The slip and slide looks fantastic. I am getting one for my boys on the fourth we'll see how they like it!! Did the rest of your scrapbook stuff come??
Someday I will figure this whole thing and and my page will look as great as yours! Your kids are getting so big! They are adorable!
You are lucky! Emma has a full on MULLET!!! It is a sad story specialy with how slow her hair grows!
Post a Comment